Here are some useful resources. Please feel free to send the webmaster more suggestions using the contact form. Thanks!
- The Boy Scouts of America website
- Scouts - Connecticut Rivers Council
- MeritBadge.Org - unofficial but comprehensive information on merit badges
- Boy Scout Trail - large and eclectic collection of Scouting resources (including a listing of other Scout troop websites in Connecticut)
- Scout Camps
Outdoors in Connecticut
- "Where To Go Camping" (pdf file, 1.4 Mb) - a fantastic resource on camping in Connecticut and Rhode Island authored by our own Don Merry - updated in 2016.
- "The Day" Hiking Site
- Oswegatchie Hills Nature Preserve
- Rocky Neck State Park
- Bluff Point State Park
- Selden Island - a State Park on the Connecticut River where the Troop regularly camps without recourse to Pop Tarts
- Old Lyme Land Trust
- Eight Mile River - a group of Trusts and Towns in the Haddam, Salem, Lyme areas with information on trails and countryside in the area.
- Richard H. Goodwin Trail System - runs from Darrow Pond in East Lyme, site of several Troop 7 Eagle Projects, to East Haddam. Trail maps are under development and are hosted at the "Eight Mile River" site above. The link here is to an article in "The Day".
- Air Line State Park
- Bafflin Sanctuary in Pomfret. Owned by the Connecticut Audubon Society, reviewed in "The Day".
- Minnie Island State Park - the smallest State Park in Connecticut, on an island in Gardner lake on the Salem / Montville border. Reviewed in "The Day".
- First Aid Preparedness and Injury Prevention for the Wilderness and Beyond - an extensive set of links ranging from tips for building shelters, through dealing with emergencies, to water purification. A somewhat unlikely source - a personal injury lawyer website - but clearly curated with no agenda other than being a helpful resource for outdoor enthusiasts. Thanks to Peyton Vogel for the link!
- An excellent video on 7 Knots You Need to Know.
- Knots 3D - iOS and Android app with animations of how to tie a huge range of knots. Currently $1.
- First Aid - a free and highly-rated app from the American Red Cross - iOS and Android.
- A list of Scout-friendly suggestions for iOS and Android from Scouting Magazine.
- An article in TechHive focussed on apps for hiking - again both iOS and Android.